lichess.org
Donate

Who thinks Hans Niemann is cheating in the Sinquefield cup 2022?

Analysing the game against Carlsen, he suggested 12 ... h6, 13 Qh4??, with the bishop hanging! He literally said "after h6, Qh4 might be a move here". And he didn't realize the mistake until they turned on the engine, showing that it is minus 6!!!
Again, after the game against Alireza, he hugely misevaluated the positions, suggesting terribile lines like 20 ... g5, 21 h4 where white loses immediately. I've never listen to such a poor analysis by a GM. He tried to compensate his lack of calculation by saying: "I don't need to show variations", "this is just pure domination" "Come on, I wasn't the one holding", "I don't see a universe where this is holdable (when engine says minus 0.3)". Imagine Alireza, Esipenko or the young indians analysing like this. This is not analysis. This is the raving inflated ego of a cheater.
@BlotterFan said in #9:
> I rhink it could be a reciever of some sort.
And you think he could have used it without being noticed at all?
@Boh765 said in #11:
> Analysing the game against Carlsen, he suggested 12 ... h6, 13 Qh4??, with the bishop hanging! He literally said "after h6, Qh4 might be a move here". And he didn't realize the mistake until they turned on the engine, showing that it is minus 6!!!
> Again, after the game against Alireza, he hugely misevaluated the positions, suggesting terribile lines like 20 ... g5, 21 h4 where white loses immediately. I've never listen to such a poor analysis by a GM. He tried to compensate his lack of calculation by saying: "I don't need to show variations", "this is just pure domination" "Come on, I wasn't the one holding", "I don't see a universe where this is holdable (when engine says minus 0.3)". Imagine Alireza, Esipenko or the young indians analysing like this. This is not analysis. This is the raving inflated ego of a cheater.
You really expect a gm to make no mistakes and give the Stockfish recommended line every time
The cheating speaks for itself

The game wasn't spectacular but the B class level post mortum interview was hilarious

Let's hear more about the pawn on d6 :)))))))
I know a lot of people are going after him, saying that he is cheating but i dont believe that they should be. He beat magnus carlsen so the entire world turns against him. I don't really know what to belive but no one should be jumping to conclusions. He came out and said that they could put whatever measures for his games so that there is no way he can cheat. Would a cheater volunteer such things?
Consider ...

A 'passive device' ... requires a 256-bit key to 'activate clock' ...

The wand, no matter how sophisticated will never know the turn-on code ... hence no radiated EMF will ever be seen ...

Has Hans the Man has broken Ye Olde Chess once and for all ?

And was Bobby right, or just another nut job ?
I think Hans is not cheating . Magnus and Hikaru accuses him but i dont think he cheats in otb maybe in online
I think it is totally ridiculous to suggest that he is cheating without proof. Magnus and Hikaru should shut up and they should take any suspicions to the organizers in private, not make public insinuations. Magnus and Hikaru have behaved in a very unprofessional manner and they have lost my respect. Shame on them.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.