lichess.org
Donate

Search "user:gilligan841"

184 forum posts
Off-Topic Discussion - Whats your own quotes?#38

It is better to be on the ground and dream of flying on a airplane than to be on an airplane and dream of being on the ground

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - Do you what Lichess mean? (I'll tell you)#3

I hadn't noticed yet that there were no ads! Great site and I really enjoy it!

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - Anyone Else Bad at Bullet and Blitz but good at Classical?#13

Yes, exactly me as well. I don't know why I struggle so much against 1200, 1300 and 1400 in blitz and have less difficulty against players in the 2000 in correspondance; see the following game, mostly…

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - My first OTB tournament#7

@QathetMike said in #6: > Do you know how to do the notation of your game? Yes, basically... > Do you have a physical board , and pieces at home, to get used to the different viewpoint/ sightlines of …

gilligan841
Off-Topic Discussion - How do you think the world will end?#54

I saw the film "Unknown killer robots" on Netflix tonight. I think I am now more afraid of the artificial intelligence, than the nuclear weapons. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the United Nation…

gilligan841
General Chess Discussion - My first OTB tournament#1

After years of playing online, I decided to participate in an OTB chess tournament here in Quebec next weekend. Since there is no chess club near where I live, I will have to drive 3 hours to get ther…

gilligan841
Off-Topic Discussion - If humanity had one minute left to exist#12

Nobody could complain: why this always happens only to me?

gilligan841
Off-Topic Discussion - How do you think the world will end?#45

@CSKA_Moscou said in #43: > if humans manage to master techniques for traveling through space and time, there may be hope. Good luck for us to build a space ship to transport 10 billions people!

gilligan841
Off-Topic Discussion - How do you think the world will end?#26

It might take a very long time, but the scientifics pretend that an asteroid is scheduled somewhere in the unknown future to hit the Earth once again; another episode like the one that happened to the…

gilligan841
Off-Topic Discussion - Sage advice#8

Don’t eat the yellow snow (Frank Zappa)

gilligan841